- Love Yourself Quotes That Will Totally Make Your Day - May 6, 2018
The other day, I started looking for some love myself quotes. Why? I was feeling crummy and wanted something to cheer me up and lift me out of my slump. Something to put on rotation when I turned on my phone, to fill up my Instagram feed, and maybe even print off to use in my bedroom.
What I didn’t expect was that any quotes about loving myself were really difficult to find. Other than the lyrics from Justin Bieber’s song. After searching for hours online, I came up with these.
Here are some of my favorites; I hope they help you love yourself as much as they supported, lifted and inspired me.
Table of Contents
Love Yourself Quotes from Music
In music, there are plenty of lyrics about loving someone else, but not very many that talk of loving yourself. I searched pretty extensively and found a few. Since I noted the Justin Bieber song earlier, let’s start off with his quote from Love Yourself, “Baby, you should just love yourself.”
- Love yourself so no one has to. ~ All Time Low, Therapy
- Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all. ~ Whitney Houston, Greatest Love of All
- Look at the stars / Look how they shine for you / And everything you do. ~ Coldplay, Yellow
- So don’t you worry your pretty little mind / People throw rocks at things that shine. ~ Taylor Swift, Ours
- If you got beauty, beauty / Just raise ‘em up. / ‘Cause every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top! ~ Meghan Trainor, All About That Bass
- Don’t hide yourself in regret / Just love yourself and you’re set. ~ Lady Gaga, Born this Way
Love Yourself Quotes from Literature
Much like music, finding quotes about loving yourself in literature is difficult among the countless quotes for loving someone else. I found a few, however.
- I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. ~ From Echoes of Life and Death by William Ernest Henley
- Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. ~ From Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
- You’re in love! Only if you love Yourself. ~ From An Anglo-Indian in Love by Tapan Ghosh
- Maybe the truth is there is a little bit of loser in all of us. Being happy isn’t having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it’s about stringing together all the little things. ~ Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
- I am a star…. I am a galaxy! ~ From The Traitor Prince by C.J. Redwine
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first“. ~ Charles Bukowski
Love Yourself Quotes from Movies
I thought it would be easier to find movies about self love. What movie do you think of when you think of loving yourself?
- Most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself. ~ Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
- You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself. ~ Billie Burke as Glinda in The Wizard of Oz
- Look inside yourself, you are more than what you have become. ~ Mufasa’s ghost in The Lion King
- Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself. ~ Robin Williams as Sean in Good Will Hunting
- “Don’t forget to love yourself first“. ~ Carrie Bradshaw in Sex in the City
Love Yourself Quotes from Famous People
This last group has everything from comedians to writers to musicians. All have learned the power of loving yourself in order to make things, positive things, happen in their lives.
This is probably my favorite section in this article. Why? Because it reminds me that celebrities deal with the same issues as you and I in love and relationships, too. Things like catfishing, or trying to meet someone online, or just plain learning to love ourselves, first.
- Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions. Do your thing and don’t care if they like it. ~ Tina Fey, comedienne, author of Bossypants
- I am powerful in my love for myself. The truth of my being is I love myself exactly as I am. I honor my empowered heart. ~ Amy Leigh Mercree, The Spiritual Girl’s Guide to Dating: Your Enlightened Path to Love, Sex, & Soul Mates
- “Learning to love myself has often involved finding something I do not like, something I wish to be rid of, and loving it the way it is”. ~ Gay Hendricks
- You owe yourself the love that you so freely give other people. ~ Alexandra Elle, author of Warrior Goddess Training
- Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. ~ Lucille Ball, comedienne
- Now comes the hour to choose between being acceptable to others or being acceptable to one’s own self. ~ Morrissey, Autobiography
- Looking outside of yourself for love and acceptance leaves your happiness in the hands of others. ~ Debra Beck, author of My Feet Aren’t Ugly: A Girl’s Guide to Loving Herself from the Inside Out
- Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” ~ Aberjhani, author of Journey Through the Power of the Rainbow: Quotations from a Life Made Out of Poetry
- You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are. ~Yogi Bhajan
- People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Art-Embellished Love Yourself Quotes
I’m a sucker for anything in my immediate surroundings that reminds me to love myself. Home decor? Yep. Art? Definitely.
These gorgeous art pieces offer up a gentle, loving reminder for self-care, self-love, and proud ownership of all that you are.
Using Jewelry For Learning To Love Myself – Quotes
There’s something special about wearing jewelry that reminds you to love yourself. But what if you’re still learning, in the process?
Then, of course, you want something gentle that you carry around with you – or better yet, wear. These learning to love yourself quotes on beautiful pieces of jewelry should fit the bill perfectly.
Learning To Love Myself Quotes on Clothing
Not only do you want to love yourself, but perhaps you want to remind others to love themselves. Or, show off how much you’re caring for your sweet and tender side. Regardless, there are lots of great quotes you can wear on your clothing – like these!
Self-Love Badges, Stickers and Other Fun Reminders
C’mon, you know you want to. Plaster your computer, binder, notebook and jackets with these awesomely fun reminders to love yourself and others. But, yourself first, right?
What are some of your favorite love yourself quotes? I’d love to hear them. Tweet them to @datingguide, repost them to Twitter, tag @inspiredloveadvice, or share via Pinterest with a link in the comments. Have a piece of art, jewelry, or something else that reminds you to love yourself? We’d love to see it!
Need More Dating Help?
If you've still got questions about your dating life
and need more support, check out our weekly newsletter
full of reader dating questions (and expert answers)
Don't forget to grab our totally free
dating worksheet, too!